These two products are what I nicknamed the Benton Aloe Duo. Working together to deal with ever attacking acne breakouts. I first discovered them online from StyleKorean.com and I honestly don’t think I can live without them now. Let’s get right into it!
Benton has been around for a few years now. The interesting concept behind the brand stems from the Hollywood Movie, “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”. Benjamin’s reversed aging ability is what the makers of Benton wanted to capture in their products. Benton’s company mission is to turn back the time of your skin.
While I haven’t tried the whole line….yet, this particular team delivers on the promise to treat and soothe acne issues with all natural ingredients and ZERO harmful ones.
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel & Aloe BHA Skin Toner
Let’s start with the toner, the Aloe BHA Skin Toner, comes in as a semi-thick liquid that goes one smooth and addresses trouble areas, dead and dry all at once. For those who don’t know BHA or Beta Hydroxy Acid act to separate the bonds holding dull, dead skin on the surface. BHA is known to work on skin’s surface & inside the pore. Which is a great compliment to the Aloe components.
The Soothing Gel is comprised of some of the similar attributes which make them such a great team. Free of alcohol, mineral oil, synthetic preservatives and even WATER, the gel is the most organic substance created. It, like the toner, carries several benefits to the user including, soothing itchy skin, moisturizing dry skin, and balancing the skin’s pH.
- Light and soothing application from both. Neither gives me problems during initial application.
- Set wonderfully on the skin. Doesn’t leave my skin oily or heavy. That feeling you get when you over moisturize but you only used a drop. None of that feeling.
- Gives an immediate difference. I notice my face isn’t so inflamed and spotty. Both feel soft and delicate. As if I put nothing on.
- The expiration date is clearly shown on packaging and on the containers informing you use before the labeled date. This is important skincare because users must be aware that products can go bad. Try to avoid using products that already expired.
- Neither product has a smell to it which could irritate the skin.
- Toner is a bit sticky due to the aloe.
- Upon initial application, the gel can give off a slight sheen.
- Because the toner is thick so you may have to pump more of the product onto a cotton ball or pad.
FINAL THOUGHT & SCORE
Overall these products come out on top to me and most users. The two get nothing but 4- to 5-star reviews on the beauty sites that sell Benton. Now I would like to add me. I give this team a 5 solid YAS GURL!
Some Quick Tips:
- Place the gel into the refrigerator.
- Use during a breakout for at least 1 full week.
- Remember to pat the gel in for maximum absorption.
I highly recommend picking up the line to help with breakouts, especially during the summer. What’s great is the at many online stores carry Benton products. Head over to w2beauty for a wide selection. For more info about Benton check out their website.